selecting an agency
Asking people into your home to provide services can be a weighty undertaking. You want to find the right team, who will meet your needs and respect your privacy. Here are some basic things your agency should provide.
- An established track record in your community and accreditation by an independent accrediting organization
- A policy of completing thorough background checks of all its employees
- Comprehensive written policies and procedure manuals for training and managing its employees
- A comprehensive packet of educational materials covering types of service provided, billing procedures, patient rights and responsibilities, and a clear process for you to get questions answered and issues resolved
- An agency that is responsive to your needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- An initial patient evaluation to set up a plan of care that is agreed upon by you and your physician(s)